A burglary is when an individual illegally attempts to or successfully enters a company property with the intent to commit a crime.
- Protect yourself. Do not engage with the burglar if they are still present.
- CALL 911 and provide the street address, burglary details and your name.
- What indicates there may have been a burglary? (Missing items, broken windows, etc.)
- Did you see a suspect in the vicinity? (Description, direction of travel, etc.)
- Are there any possible witnesses in the area?
- When and where did you first notice the possible burglary?
- DO NOT touch anything at the scene and cordon off the area as much as possible.
- Contact management.
- Await further instructions from law enforcement or management.