Delivery drivers are at least twenty-one (21) years of age. While on duty, delivery drivers will wear their compliant photographic ID badges visibly on their outer-most garments and above waist level.
- Drivers will always take the most direct routes to each delivery location without deviation, except to stop for fuel.
- The delivery drivers will drive directly back to the facility upon completion of the last scheduled delivery.
- Drivers will be prohibited from consuming cannabis products and/or being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs while on duty.
- Non-employees will not be permitted to ride in the delivery vehicle(s).
- No more than $10,000 in the product will be carried in a single delivery vehicle at any time.
- Upon arriving at a delivery location, the driver will scan the customer’s valid ID card to verify age. The product will never be delivered to a client under the age of twenty-one (21) unless the customer is an authorized medical patient.
- The product will not be removed from locked storage compartments until a client’s age has been verified.
- A copy of the business license and an inventory log describing goods, brand, retail value, and a track and trace identifier will be carried at all times in each delivery vehicle.
- While unattended during deliveries, the delivery vehicles will be locked, and the alarms armed.
- Delivery products will be stored on-site in a fire-proof safe, in a lockbox, cage, or trunk while in the delivery vehicle.
In the event of an incident, the following notifications have been established for delivery drivers:
- Emergency – Call 9-1-1
- This will be performed first in the event of any crime in progress or immediate threat to life or property. Once 9-1-1 has been notified, the driver will notify the Manager (once safe to do so).
- The Manager will be notified of any incident related to vehicle problems, route deviations, product loss/theft, or any event out of the ordinary. The Manager will determine if a response to the scene is warranted or if the driver should continue their route or return directly to the facility. The Manager will determine if an investigation is warranted. The Manager is also responsible for facilitating any required notifications to the City and/or State.
Delivery vehicles should be equipped with a functioning permanent or temporary GPS tracking system, and the rear area will have locked compartments. All deliveries will be pre-packaged with the items ordered in advance and will be accompanied by a delivery request receipt generated in advance.
The delivery vehicle will be equipped with an alarm system that will activate if the vehicle is entered while armed.