Unless you have been properly trained to use a fire extinguisher by the company, DO NOT attempt to put out a fire of any size on your own. Should you attempt to and are injured the company accepts no liability for your injuries.
Follow the below steps should you suspect a fire:
- Activate the nearest fire alarm pull.
- Notify the occupants of the building to follow the Evacuation Procedure.
- Call 911, and provide the dispatcher with:
- Address of the facility.
- Are smoke and flames present?
- Do you believe anyone is left in the building?
- Protect yourself. DO NOT attempt to go back into the building for any reason.
- Follow the instructions of the first responders.
- Inform management.