CALL 9-1-1 immediately if the person’s life or limbs or vision are at risk, unconscious, or at the injured party’s request.
In order to protect the safety and well-being of all employees and customers, the company created a medical incident and accident policy. Every effort will be made to prevent accidents. However, should an injury or illness occur, all employees are expected to act immediately to ensure their own safety and the safety of all others.
- If you or someone in the workplace becomes injured or ill make sure the immediate area is safe, determine if 9-1-1 should be called and notify a supervisor.
- Ask the person how they are feeling and if you can help them.
- Ask them if they want an ambulance.
Assist the injured/ill person in calling with the 9-1-1 or call for them and stay on the line if requested.
- Follow the instructions of the dispatcher.
- Obtain any first-aid equipment needed and provide first-aid to the injured or ill person if you are trained to do so.
- Prevent secondary accidents in the area by notifying others of dangerous conditions such as spills.
- Make a note of the people (and conditions) in the area in case they are needed to provide information later.
Ask for help from those around you. You don’t have to do this all by yourself.