When the facility loses power during operating hours of the facility, follow the below procedures:
- Wait 5 minutes to see if the outage is only momentary and power is restored.
- Apologize and escort all customers, contractors, and vendors out of the facility.
- Properly store all cash and products.
- Ensure that all of the safes for cash and products are secured.
- Check that all exterior doors of the facility are closed and locked.
- Test if the security systems are still operational.
- All personnel should exit the facility and not reenter until power is restored or you are advised to do so by the manager.
- Inform the manager of the situation and the status of the security systems.
- Check the power company’s website for periodic updates of the outage.