Suspicious activity comes in several forms. Suspicious actions could be an individual taking pictures of the cameras or other security feature locations on the exterior or interior of the facility. Suspicious communications could be an individual asking about the facility’s security features such as the safe brand or about the badging system.
Should you observe suspicious activity:
- Report it to security for them to interrupt or deter the behavior.
- Inform the manager of the following:
- What where and when did the incident occur?
- What made the incident suspicious?
- If the incident involved an individual, what did they look like? Was a name retrieved?
- Did the individual have an objective?
- Is the situation causing a safety concern to employees or disrupting normal operations?
- Await further instructions from management.